“50 Hikes in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula”
Ride with those that know the trail! We’ll help you plan your trip! Contact us seven days a week!
We are a private company that receives no federal, state, or local tax support for our operations.
Why take the bus when you can ride with us!
Serving Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
and all of Alger, Delta, and Schoolcraft Counties
- The most frequently asked question: “Do you pick up and/or drop off at all the trailheads”. Answer: Why, yes. Yes we do. If it is a trailhead, we’ll go there. There, I just saved you a phone call!
- If we don’t have reservations, we don’t run the shuttle. If there are no drop offs or pick ups at a trailhead, we won’t stop there. Many, many stories of folks that think we just drive around looking for customers. Make a reservation!!
- We specialize in last second arrangements between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Give us a call, we’ll give you some options.
- We meet you at your car and drop you off up the trail, you hike back to your car. Trust me. Don’t make me tell you twice.
- We operate 365 days a year! Really. I get asked if this is true. Yes it is. Seriously.
- Pictured Rocks Trip Planner. I urge you to read it!! “But I didn’t know….” could make for a miserable, expensive trip.
- We know the trail. We’ll help you plan your trip. We’ve actually hiked it numerous times! Those other guys? Well….
Important things to know during our off season (Mid September – Mid May)
- We REQUIRE PAYMENT & RESERVATION FOUR DAYS IN ADVANCE. Sorry, no walk ups or cash customers
- Did you know that Pictured Rocks can receive over 300 inches of snow? Snow lingers most years into May. Click here to learn about road closures, winter conditions, etc.
- H58 is not plowed between Grand Sable Visitor Center and Adams Truck Trail. Feeder roads to traiheads are not plowed (Chapel/Mosquito, Miners Castle/Beach, 12 mile, Hurricane, Log Slide). No, I’m driving a 4×4 vehicle up these roads. They become snowmobile trails in the winter.
2014 Schedule Dates & Rates
Now – May 22nd
Advance Reservations, pre-paid by Credit Card Only
Sorry, no “day of” pick ups or cash customers
(currently May 10 – October 15th)
Memorial Day weekend
Departs Grand Marais 8:00AM
Departs Munising 10:00 AM
May 26th “Last Chance Shuttle” 700PM departs Grand Sable Visitor Center
and makes a trip to Munising and back to Grand Sable. Must have an reservation.
Online reservations close noon previous day.
Call us with less than 24 hours before departure or day of service
May 27th through Labor Day
(subject to change)
Memorial Day Weekend: $25 person for 8AM & 10AM shuttles.
7;00PM Sunday “Last Chance Shuttle” $60 ea.
The Fine Print (and I didn’t even reduce the font size):
- **Emergency/Off-Schedule Pick Ups $1.25 mile, $98.50 minimum (covers two persons), $25 each additional person** This includes if you miss your original shuttle. You will forfeit your original fees and be billed $98.50 to accommodate you.
- Changes to your reservation incur a $7.50 charge & late registrations subject to minimum $25 late fee
- If this is a “shuttle back to your car”, subject to minimum $50 deposit, refunded in full if you make your trailhead at the time you told us you’d be there (does not apply to our 530PM “Dayhiker” rate)
- We do not stop at trailheads if we don’t have a reservation. Sounds simple enough, but, you’d be surprised….
- The Interagency Visitor Center and the Beaver Basin Outlook are not trailheads. We do not pick up or drop off there.
- Rates for any service outside of our posted times/dates/trailheads in Pictured Rocks start at $95 per three people. We can get this cost lower if you work with us. Tell us your situation and we’ll make some recommendations.
Wishing to float a river or hike a trail outside of Pictured Rocks?
Want to schedule a different time than above?
Contact us 1.386.CARSPOT or email@example.com
Click here to make an online reservation.